Maybe this is the 1st time to hear about non-hardware POS solution, especially if you are an owner of a coffee shops, restaurant or retail business. It's not really a new thing or a big deal. Instead, it's just a new practice to take advantage of technology to eliminate the needs of hardware. It means you can save money & efforts. Does it sound good?
If you were going to open a coffee shop yesterday, here was the list of hardware pieces you would need to prepare properly:
- A POS machine for cashier to input & keep track the orders.
- A screen or printer to send the orders to kitchen/bar staffs.
- Another printer to print bills.
- A POS reader (registerd by a bank) to accept credit card payments.
- Bla bla bla...
Okay, and if you are going to open a coffee shop today, here is what you may want to try instead:
- All your staffs have cell phone right? So they can just use it to to input & keep track the orders.
- Use Viber, Whatsapp, Messenger, Skype or whatever chat app to communicate with kitchen/bar staffs.
- Share bills to customers by using e-bill on cell phone again then they can scan QR code to get a copy.
- They will properly do payment via e-wallet.
So you can see it's not the furture at all, it's already happening and bring a lot benefits to the business owners today - thank to the outstanding growing of technology.
It looks like POS Online is the 1st software product company that's trying to introduce non-hardward practice to coffee shop, restaurant & retail businesses. We have not complete our solution yet, for sure...but it would be our key mission in next few years.