In order to use the POS feature to create sale orders, you need to create products for sale list. The below guide will show you steps to do this.
Notes: Only accounts having the "Products for sale" role in the Manage section can create products for sale list.
Open "Manage" menu and Select "Products for sale"
Step 1: Create Product category
- From the Products for sale page, click on "Category".
- Once you've clicked on Category, the category window will be opened.
- Fill the new product category’s name.
- Once you've completed, select "Add" to create the new product category, "Reset" to clear the recently added information or "X" to navigate back to the Products for sale page.
Step 2: Create Product for sale
Fill below information sections to add a new product for sale:
1. Basic information:
- Category (required): select the category from the list or click on "Category" to add the new one as in Step 3.
- Product’s picture (optional): select the picture from the currently available library of POS Online or upload your own pictures.
2. Product kind:
Select the suitable product kind for the new product, there are 3 kinds of products for sale:
a. Sale product is purchase product:
- For products without processing at your store, for example, soft drinks (Coca-Cola, Lavie, etc.), Snacks. You import 1 bottle of Coca-Cola and you sell exactly 1 bottle of Coca-Cola.
- When selecting this product kind, the system will automatically create the corresponding product for purchase with the same name in products for purchase list. These products are belonging to Sale product category.
For products including from 2 created products for sale. Notes: you need to create products belonging to the combo before creating the combo.
When selecting this product kind, the combo will have properties of products belonging to the combo.
To add products for the combo, click on Add item (a). Once you've clicked on Add item, the Combo window will be opened:
- Search and select products of the combo: input the name of the product (b) to get the search result or click on (c) to view the list of the available products.
- Input quantity (d) of the product.
- Select Add (e) to save information, Reset (f) to clear recently added information or X (g) to navigate back to the Product for sale page.
Once you've completed adding products for the combo, the combo information will be displayed in (h).
c. Processed products for sale:
- For products need to be prepared or processed in the bar or kitchen of your store before serving the customer. For example: to sell a glass of Mocha, you will need to prepare a mix of ingredients with a certain ratio.
- When selecting this product kind, you need to measure the ingredient in the product to calculate the food cost, price the menu and control the inventory. The ingredient measurement and the food cost will be displayed the ingredient box. You should do this part later after completing creating products for sale and products for purchase list.
Once you've completed adding information for the new product for sale, select "Add" to create the new product for sale, "Reset" to clear the recently added information.
Notice: Visit this article: Create and edit Products for Purchase list and Measure ingredient for Products for Sale.